Pages

Monday 7 May 2018

Let Go



They say you can’t tell a man you love him,
You have to inspire him to step up to love’s call,
But the inspiration’s all run dry,
And there’s no crack in his wall.
And the paint pots are empty,
The colours have faded long ago,
Your crayons are smashed,
Your brush is dry,
Deaf you are to a lover’s cry,
True love’s patience you’ll never know.

Lingering in the shadows, I feel your presence,
Is it love gone bitter, or pride and ego,
That keep you trapped?
The world is a colourful palette,
Waiting to brighten your vacant soul,
Your shades of grey, they are you, faded,
Keep out the colour, as long as you maintain control.

I held a candle burning bright, I protected the flame,
I cared for it, and keep out the wind,
But it was all in vain.
The moment I turned my back,
You blew it out with vigor,
But now, I’m on the outside,
No longer will I linger.

A ghost of who your were, dances somewhere in my mind,
But even he is fading fast,
A memory lost to time,
Slowly the leaves are returning, to the deaded branches of my mind,
Laughter can be hard again, and its sweet sound is so sublime,
I close my eyes and let in the sunshine in, as it kisses my once cold and vapid face,
I learned to let love let me go,
But hope I forever will embrace.



No comments:

Post a Comment