Pages

Wednesday 17 August 2016

Good Night Sweet Prince


Heading to the Prince Memorial was a surreal part of the trip. I have never been much of a Prince fan, except for a couple of songs, but you have to admit the man had talent.

I felt sad seeing all the items left out the front of his home, it reminded me of all the items of condolences at the Australia Zoo, after Steve Irwin died.

A lady asked us to take a photo of her from behind, placing flowers at the house, but apart from that it was quite and no one was around. It was on a small stretch of road that was away from the main road as well. It wasn't straight after his passing either so, of course it was quieter.

I felt honoured and a little in awe as I stood at the gate, to think that a great artist had lived here, and I was able to admire the love he had garnered from the world, and pay my respects and gratitude for songs such as Raspberry Beret and Purple Rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment