Pages

Saturday 28 April 2018

Children's Stories-Original Manuscripts

  

When I was 17 I wrote about five or six children's stories. They were pretty simplistic and threw them in the back of the cupboard because I didn't have much faith in them. I will have to rewrite them and add a bit more detail and description to bring them up to scratch. But every story starts with a basic idea.

Now that I've started going through all my art and stories I've boxed up over the years, I've decided to fine tune the stories and have some one illustrate them.

I'm feeling excited about this and am aiming to have at least two children's stories published by the end of the year.

I've always wanted to illustrate my own stories, but this is something I may not worry about until one day in the future, as I know my artwork needs fine tuning, so I'm more than happy to get someone else to do it.

The below drawing is a concept I had for a story about a little girl and cat who is a cookie thief. Once I have  the stories edited and illustrated, I will have to work out how to put them into eBook form, so it's a pretty exciting thing to go from an idea to actually seeing it and feeling it's realness.

There is no better feeling than the satisfaction that comes with creating :)



No comments:

Post a Comment